Precious Cargo Tasmania has in place the following Child Safe Policy to ensure the safety of all minors, under the age of 18-years, who travel in our vehicles.
This document affirms Precious Cargo Tasmania commitment to providing a child safe and child friendly environment, where children and young people with whom we have contact are safe at all times.
This policy sets out the requirements that Precious Cargo Tasmania employees, licensees, contractors, volunteers and authorized persons engaged by Precious Cargo Tasmania must follow in providing any minor a safe and child friendly environment.
This policy applies to Precious Cargo Tasmania licensees, contractors, sub-contractors, volunteers and authorized persons engaged by Precious Cargo Tasmania
All employees, licensees, contractors, sub-contractors and volunteers engaged by Precious Cargo Tasmania are responsible for contributing to achieving a child safe environment. They are responsible for:
- Complying with this policy and related processes referred to in this policy.
- Reporting child safety concerns as per our reporting procedures.
- Reporting accident or injury as per our reporting procedures
- Owners/Managers are responsible for ensuring that employees, licensees, contractors, subcontractors and volunteers whom they directly supervise or manage have read this policy and carry out their duties in accordance with this policy and related documents.
All people to whom this policy applies must adhere to this policy at all times.
Non-compliance with this policy may constitute a breach of employment or contractual obligations, misconduct, harassment, discrimination or some other contravention of law.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action and, in serious cases, termination of the person’s employment or engagement.
Statement of commitment to child safety
Precious Cargo Tasmania is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation.
We recognize our responsibilities in keeping children safe from abuse from those associated with this organisation and will ensure that the safety of children is always our first priority.
We take a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse. We value diversity and will not tolerate discriminatory practices.
Precious Cargo Tasmania pays particular attention to:
- The safety of minors who are arriving in Australia unaccompanied and require transport services to home stay accommodation.
- Ensuring that minors are met by a nominated adult when taking them to their homestay accommodation.
- Ensuring only drivers with a valid Working with Vulnerable People Check come in to contact with and/or transport minors.
- The safety of minors from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Principles for creating and maintaining a child safe organisation
Precious Cargo Tasmania is committed to developing and implementing a child safe system. In developing and implementing the system we will:
- Develop a system that reflects the risks of child abuse within this organisation.
- Take a preventative, proactive and participatory approach to child safety.
- Recognize and respect children’s rights.
- Engage people who are suitable to work with children.
- Report suspected abuse, neglect or mistreatment promptly to the appropriate authorities.
- Respect diversity in cultures and child rearing practices while keeping child safety paramount.
- Share information appropriately and lawfully with other organisations where the safety and wellbeing of children is at risk.
Roles and Responsibilities
Everyone within our organisation is responsible for ensuring a culture of complete safety when entrusted to transport a minor.
- Each Precious Cargo Tasmania employee, licensee or contractor has an important part to play in the successful delivery of the Child Safe Policy.
- Precious Cargo Tasmania Management will provide adequate assistance, wherever possible, in assisting all stakeholders to deliver the usual high-quality service with full care given to any minors that travel in our vehicles.
- All stakeholders must take ownership of the Child Safe Guidelines without exception. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against any person who does not comply with the Child Safe Policy and its guidelines.